Westonbirt House, home to Westonbirt School, is an established location for TV, film and photo shoots. With its rich heritage, stunning grounds and beautiful architecture both internally and externally, this majestic Victorian stately home offers a diverse range of locations for any production or location brief.
- Long sweeping driveway
- A stunning Victorian stately home
- Multiple fountains, of different designs
- A portico/cloisters
- A grand “Great Hall” with surrounding staterooms, including a Library and Dining Room
- Wooden panelling, flooring, decoration and detailing
- Marble fireplaces
- Italianate pavilions and archways
- Ornate and decorative ceilings
- A wide variety of staircases, with different aspects, structures and materials (wood, carpet, linoleum)
- A choice of courtyards and gated areas
- Classrooms, both classic and modern in style
- Dormitories and bedrooms
- Landscaped grounds and gardens, including an “Italian Garden”, evergreen trees and a lake
- Golf Course and other sports facilities (Sports Hall, swimming pool, gymnasium, tennis courts, astro turf)
- Excellent hard standing surfaces for support vehicles
- Hard standing parking for 200 cars
- Soft standing parking for up to 1200 cars
In addition to locations for filming, internally we also have a wide range of spaces for:
- Supporting actors holding area(s)
- Video Village
- Dining areas
- Separate rooms for Hair, Make Up and Wardrobe
We also have an additional 18th century Cotswold stone-built property offsite, set within 9 acres, called Holford House, which can be used alongside or separately to the main house. Images can be viewed in our gallery.
Why not arrange a site visit to come and explore all that Westonbirt has to offer in person.
Get in contact with David or Camilla on 01666 881338 or email@example.com
When on site, what is access and parking like?
There is a private dual-access driveway, wide enough for large production vehicles.
There is ample hard-standing parking directly in front on the property, as well as additional hard standing further down the site and large meadow spaces for additional crew vehicles, suitable for a base. For smaller vehicles there is a 130-space lit car park.
There are multiple entrances for load in, however the primary entry point would be through the Marble Hall Reception. Access times to the property will be pre-agreed and reviewed on an individual basis.
Is there overnight access?
We lock our site down at night, but do allow external overnight security to remain onsite if required.
For overnight shoots, please discuss this further on your visit.
Do you allow technical recces?
Yes, absolutely! All pre-production visits can be arranged as required.
Is there power available?
There is limited access to house power.
For large productions, we suggest that companies provide their own generators. We can discuss your power requirements during your visit.
When can we film?
As a school, we are limited to dates outside of term time.
With Easter, Summer, half terms and “Exeat” weekends, we do have a wide number of available dates across the remainder of the year for hire, for both small and large blocks of filming. Once enquiries have progressed, we can provide a full calendar breakdown to clearly highlight availability.