Westonbirt House is located in the heart of the beautiful Gloucestershire Cotswolds, 4 miles from Tetbury, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Cotswolds attracts visitors all year round who are drawn to the area by its rural charm, rolling countryside, picture postcard villages, and vibrant market towns. The region is perfect for walking, cycling, and riding or simply enjoying a relaxing day out or short break.
Exploring the Cotswolds
If you and your guests would like to extent your stay in this beautiful part of the country, here is our pick of the best of the Cotswolds:
- Cotswold Way National Trail; the Cotswolds offers over 3,000 miles of walking, cycling and riding routes. Many long distance routes criss-cross the region, and take in spectacular views from the Cotswolds escarpment, picturesque villages and famous ancient sites.
- Inspiring gardens at Dyrham Park, Hidcote Manor, Kiftsgate Court, Mill Dene, Batsford & Bleinheim
- Bustling market towns of Tetbury, Nailsworth, Stroud and Cirencester.
- Picturesque villages of Painswick, Castle Combe and Badminton.
- Historic city of Bath, with its Roman Baths, shops and restaurants.
- Cosmopolitan city of Bristol, with its harbour side, museums, art galleries and festivals.
- Fascinating history at Sudeley Castle, Malmesbury Abbey, Broadway Tower and the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Steam Railway.
- Delightful Bourton-on-the-Water, with its enchanting village centre, plus the model village, motoring museum & toy collection, Cotswold perfumery and birdland park and gardens.
- Gloucester Cathedral
- Westonbirt Arboretum
- Cotswold Wildlife Park